Why is it that with every birthday we gain a year? Don't you think that it is a little bit rude?
One minute you are celebrating your sweet sixteen... then you are excitedly announcing to the world that you are 21... ofcourse, for no other reason than to let the bouncers know that you are NOW old enough to gain entry to the night club(leagally)and then, next minute, your recounting on your fingers, sure that some how there has been a mistake... 36? Surely not.. wasn't it my 30th just last... whoa.. wait a minute... holy crap... 36!? Are you sure!? (count count count - huge sigh and slow nod of acknowledgement)
Well peeps... I came to that realisation last night as the clock struck 12 and fireworks began to explode all around us... some how, 36 didn't knock... it just barged right on in!
While 36 is a pretty round figure (much like the bearer) it is not really that bad i guess... its not like i can take it back and exchange it or anything... so I am just going to hold onto it for a while... see how we get along and see how it fits over the next year... what else can i do really? (well.. other than start to perpetually lie... but how long do you think i can keep up the "Ive just turned 30".. or.. i could go the complete opposite way and tell people that I am much older... atleast then I can be told how good i look.. oh.. shit.. but what if... oh.... what if (whispers) they tell me that I look every bit of that age!?) hmmm... yes... okay then... that settles it...
~screaming from the roof tops~ I have just turned 36 and I am proud of every wrinkle that it bears!
Happy Birthday MEEEEEEEEE!
I have had the best day... due to wet weather, the picnic that the children and Matt had planned for me got relocated to the living room floor, although after we had a yummy lunch we headed off to Geelong, just planning a walk on the Esplanade, though when we we got there, realised that the Geelong Council and the local radio station had done a huge event in the park.. so we headed off to explore the many things that they had to offer... jumping castles, teacup ride ( which we missed out on because we took justa little too long at the reptile petting area)laughing clowns (in which i won a teddy bear and a fluffy while halo), danced ourway through the variety of market stallas and had a right royal time... finishing off on the pier, taking some fabbo photos... of which i have yet to upload onto a computer... now... we are just getting ready to make our famous home made pizzas, have chocolate mud cake (yes, the same one we had for Matts birthday Cath. Yummo) and then we are going to watch the Blue Collar Comedy DVD set we have... I SO LOVE THOSE GUYS!
= )
(will post pics tomorrow i hope and add a lot of other eye candy too!)
Friday, January 01, 2010
A carpet picnic, clowns and too many candles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment